Thursday, June 28, 2012

SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE (TENSES)

TRY to RELAX STUDYING TENSES


SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE

       Simple Present Tense is used to explain/ to express the working, situation, time of nowadays.

Pattern : S + Verb I + o/c. ( For verb form). >Positive sentence.
              S + do/ does + not + verb I + o/c. >Negative sentence
              Do/ Does + S + Verb I + o/c.        >Interrogative sentence.
                   Yes, S + do/ does
                   No, S + do/ does + not

Note : Subjects > I, You, They, We use DO
                            He, She, It use DOES
Example :
   1. (+) I invite all friends today.
       (-)  I do not (don't) invite all friends today.
       (?)  Do I invite all friends today ?
                     Yes, You do
                      No, You do not



Specially for Subjects He, She, It, if meet with verb 3 sothat be added es/ s in the verb words.

Example :
   2. (+} He meets his friends in the Library today.
       (-)   He does not meet his friends in the Library today.
       (?)   Does He meet his friends in the Library today ?
                     Yes, He does
                      No, He does not.

Pattern for Non Verb : S + be (am, is, are) + Non verb (Noun, adjective, Adverb) + O/ C. 
                                   S + be (am, is, are) + not + non verb + O/ C.
                                   Be (Am, is, are) + S + Non Verb + O/ C ?

Note : I use AM.. You, They, We use ARE. She, He, It use IS.

Example :
    1. (+) You are smart my friend.
        (-)  You are not smart friend
        (?)  Are You smart friend ?
                    Yes, I am
                     No, I am not

    2. (+) He is a lawyer
        (-)  He is not a lawyer
        (?)  Is He a lawyer ?
                 Yes, He is
                  No, He is not

   3. (+) They are There
       (-)  They are not there
       (?)  Are They there ?
                     Yes, They are
                      No, They are not
 
   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment